JOIN OUR EXTENDED COMMUNITY:            

Featured Voices:

Hello,

I have to quote a voice over job from a Marketing company in Florida representing a large Health Care Provider in Florida and I don't know what to charge!

They are asking for 30 , 60 and 3 minute quotes for use on videos and internet for their patients.

They have over 700 doctors and aprox 140,000 patients.
They are basically asking me for my voice as spokesman on their services.
The president of the health care provider is my cardiologist and a fan of FM Odyssey!
When he contracted this Marketing group, he told them he wanted my voice, which is why they called me.
Any idea what to charge, this will probably be on going?
If you could let me know your thoughts as soon as you can? I need to get back to this guy.
Thanks!

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you usually charge for a voice over project? Do you have different prices for different categories? Also, congrats on the job offer! :-)

Union rates?

If your union and this is only going by when I was with AFTRA in my radio broadcasting field

1-30sec. spot=$350

1-60sec. spot=$475

3min quotes or spot=$675 ea.

If your not union then cut those in half but remember this is a large organization and they will not blink at your pricing especially if they have selected your voice talent. Charge what your worth and don't draw back for fear of losing the opportunity. A voice over talent that will quote low will not build value with potential clients and know your just starting out, don't get to many offers and are probably not mainstream. Remember they already selected you so bill what your worth not what you think they want to hear. Congrats! Make it work for you!!.

Uhh... those are NOT union rates. WTF?

And the advice to cut the rates in half because they are non-union? Huh? 

That's retarded advice at best. It actually goes UP since you won't be getting residuals.

BTW, union rates are mostly based on usage and reach. 

Jesus balls, no wonder most of you people don't do this full time.

Rondahl A Mitchell said:

If your union and this is only going by when I was with AFTRA in my radio broadcasting field

1-30sec. spot=$350

1-60sec. spot=$475

3min quotes or spot=$675 ea.

If your not union then cut those in half but remember this is a large organization and they will not blink at your pricing especially if they have selected your voice talent. Charge what your worth and don't draw back for fear of losing the opportunity. A voice over talent that will quote low will not build value with potential clients and know your just starting out, don't get to many offers and are probably not mainstream. Remember they already selected you so bill what your worth not what you think they want to hear. Congrats! Make it work for you!!.

1. take this offer to an agent and guess what? yes, you'll now have representation in Florida (ok, I'm rolling my eyes a little at the latter half of that).

2. if no agent is worthy of you and your offer, then here's what I might do for a crappy client in "Florida."

Session fee: $250-$350 per hour in session based on how experienced you actually are. (studio costs NOT included)

Usage: limit to 1-2 specific markets in FL, non-broadcast, web only, no TV, no radio.

Negotiation points: let them have as many versions, pickups, etc as they want and just charge per hour in session (same as union for non-broadcast union). Negotiate limited time usage of 3-6 months and then give them up to a year if they need to feel like they need a deal.

If they protest too much, then you probably will have your answer as to if they were really going to use your stuff on TV and radio. And guess what? Once they hit the airwaves, you'll be in conflict with other Health Care Provider gigs and won't likely be able to do them. 

Again, take this gig to the best agent in the area and tell the client, "oh gosh... I'm so bad with business and numbers that I just let my agent handle all that crazy stuff. Maybe should talk to them."

... that's the smart move.

Hi Fred!

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity.  Is it your first major voiceover job?

You didn't indicate how many commercials or infomercials you're recording?  If you're a non-union talent who is looking for exposure and future work, perhaps you could ask about the number of spots along with the time element.  [You're not producing yourself, are you?].  Once you do that, you can either charge by the spot, by the hour, or assemble a package that will make you and your client happy.

Remember...you're not getting residuals.  And once you sign off on anything...your voice on it can be used as a tag, an insert, or edited into future presentations.  So to give yourself peace of mind, draw up a contract or at the very least...discuss the monetary specifics with your client.

Good Luck!

With Union, it sounds like Corporate Educational/non broadcast category I or II.  It's per spot, not by the minute.  You also charge extra for editing, if they want that.  Editing takes twice the time of the spots.  These are NY union rates.  Florida may be different.  Call the union.  They'll help you.  That's what they are there for.  You also have to tack on the tax and SS amount on top of your rate.

2011-2012 SAG-AFTRA Corporate/educational and Non Broadcast Code rates:

Health and Retirement Rate is 15.5%

Day Performer (Voice Over)

First Hour                                           $393.

Each Additional half-hour                $115.

Category I - In-house training or Public Relations film. Designed to train, inform, promote a product or perform a Public Relations function for limited audiences. May be exhibited in classrooms, museums or libraries without admission charge.

Category II - Unrestricted exhibition to general public. Point-of-purchase sales show. Shows supplied to customers free as a premium or inducement to purchase.

I usually ask what the budget is.  Clients usually have a good idea what they want to spend.  If it's too low for your time and effort, pass.  If they really want your voice, let the negotiations begin.  A union rate may seem exorbitant and chase them off.

G'Luck,

Bill

Angela Hayes said:

Hi,

Well 'You could use the air time to benefit yourself by advertising a product, if you would like an

Exotic Holiday Membership package, that way it could benefit you and the health care provider!

http://www.myglobalholiday.com  for more information. 

This is fast becoming the best rate guide. It is always being updated and ratified:

http://www.globalvoiceacademy.com/resources/voice-over-industry-sta...

Sometimes there's no price to put on a good voice,

speaking as a singer... royalties could be the best

option, you could own your airtime and earn off the

rating, getting as much airtime advertising products

and services, instead of a one off payment!   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by All Star Voices, Los Angeles, CA.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service